Travel to one of the wonders of the world, volunteer at a local orphanage that Project Left Behind supports, learn how to cook a traditional Peruvian meal, meet descendants of the Incas and explore their lost cities. All adventures are professionally guided, safe for all levels and ridiculously fun.
Once a year, Project Left Behind invites a small group (8-10) of amazing people to join us on an 8 day ‘voluntour’ experience to Cusco, Peru.
Join us on an amazing two day trip to Machu Picchu (YES. THE Machu Picchu.), and a three day intensive volunteer experience at a local orphanage that Project Left Behind supports. There will be some city touring, alone time in between, and probably a pisco sour or two.
Planning for a Fall 2015 trip is in progress. Stay tuned for more details. The trip is 7 full days with participants departing and flying home on the 8th day.
- Experiencing the history, breathtaking terrain, and welcoming people of Peru
- Engaging and forming deep connections with the remarkable children at
- Exploring the amazing city that was the capital of the Inca Empire – Cusco, Peru
- Discovering some of South America’s most fascinating archaeological sites
- Tasting Peru’s world-famous Pisco Sour!
- Participating in an evening cooking class and learning how to prepare a delicious Peruvian dish when you return home
- Taking a specular sun-rise hike in the beautiful Sacred Valley
- Riding the famous Peru Rails through the heart of Peru
- Exploring, at your leisure, the vast and mind-blowing ‘lost’ city of the Incas- Machu Picchu
Fall 2015, Cusco, Peru Trip: $1,550 (not including international flights)
What is included: Travel to and from airports and in-country group transportation such as train, taxi, etc. (excluding personal travel such as individual taxi ride); All travel and entrance fees to Machu Picchu; Hotel room charges; 4 meals (2 dinners, 1 lunch, 1 breakfast)
Note: additional meals, shopping and Cusco city tours (museums, historic sites, etc) are not included.
- 10 maximum total participants will be selected on a first-come-first-serve basis. We encourage you to register as early as possible to ensure a spot on this trip.
- To secure a spot on the trip, you must make a non-refundable deposit of $550. The remaining $1000 will be due 90 days prior to departure.
A completed, comprehensive back-ground check (participant’s financial responsibility) is required.
Interested but not ready to register yet? If you’re interested in joining one of our future voluntour trips, get on the WISH LIST so that we can keep you informed.
If something deep inside of you is calling ‘Yes. I want this.’ then just get on the list to receive updates and information about registering.